Why is choosing the right kind of floor cleaner importanton
Whether it is a business or your home, proper floor care is a critical component when it comes to caring from your home. Constant foot traffic, especially in commercial areas, tracks dirt, dust, and other harmful allergens that disrupt the workflow and appeal of the space. A dirty floor is also a potential health threat to babies, pets, and people with low immunity in your house.
A dirty floor is a potential health threat to babies, pets and people with low immunity
Although it is natural to want to keep your floors looking great and squeaky clean, many people do not know how to choose the right kind of floor cleaners for their place. This article sheds light on the main factors to be considered when choosing a floor cleaning solution.
The Right Floor Cleaner Makes All The Difference
Floor cleaners basically protect your floors against any damage. Given the plethora of brands in the market, it is easy to get overwhelmed and confused. We will simplify this for you.
- The material of your flooring: The first thing to do before choosing a floor cleaner is to examine and determine the material your floors are made of. Floor cleaners are formulated in such a way that they shine, emulsify and clean the floor without damaging its properties. Whether it is oiled wood, bamboo, stone, hardwood or luxury vinyl, the cleaner you need depends on the material.
- Choose appropriate cleaning solutions: There are different floor cleaning products available in the market that offer spot-cleaning, deep-clean and many more specialised cleaning solutions for specific issues like grease buildup and scuff marks. Some products come in the form of concentrates and ready-to-use formulas. Concentrates can be diluted, added to a spray bottle, and used to clean surfaces.
- Many people prefer plant-based floor cleaning solutions from reputed brands like Born Good as they don’t leave any sticky residue behind. Moreover, these cleaners are USDA certified BioBased products that are both kid-friendly and pet-safe. Besides, they leave a fresh, uplifting fragrance and the subtle freshness in your space, which has a calming effect on your mind.
Different Kinds Of Floors: Here's How You Can Clean Them
- Concrete floors: concrete floors need to be dusted thoroughly before washing with a regular cleaner. Once done, you can regularly scrub and wax those floors to maintain the lustrous appearance.
- Vinyl floors: The #1 enemy of vinyl floors is moisture. You should ensure that you never let spills sit for long on those floors. You can deep clean them at regular intervals with a mild, neutral floor cleaner that is safe for these kinds of surfaces. However, it is recommended that you never wash the flooring.
- Ceramic floor tiles: Regular mopping with a neutral, mild cleaning solution helps preserve the sheen on your tiles. Use a brush to keep the grout clean and use sealers to prevent any discolouration of the grout lines. Nonetheless, the traditional techniques of scrubbing, regular dusting, and mopping are still necessary.
- Marble floors: Use soft mop heads to clean the marble flooring. You can keep the floors clean by dusting regularly. Use a damp mop on a daily basis to keep them spic and span!
Switch to Born Good today