Question's We're Commonly Asked
About our brand
1. Why did we choose the name Born Good?
Our mission is to enable people to positively contribute to the well-being of our planet with small, yet impactful effort. It is with these good intentions that our company was born. We aim to do good for our community of customers, employees, vendors, and other stakeholders. Good is in our DNA.
2. Why did you choose the tag line “Clean. Inside and Out.”?
Our philosophy is to use the best of what nature has to offer without compromising on the product’s efficacy. Our fragrance detergents are a USDA Certified BioBased Product with a score of 72%, in comparison to India’s leading detergent which is about half this score. The higher the score, the higher the extent of product biodegradability. Further, as tested by 3rd party labs, our products clean clothes and remove stains at par with any traditional detergent, while being plant-based and eco-friendly.
About our products
1. How to use the detergent?
Born Good detergent is suitable for top-load & front-load machines and also for hand wash. For machine wash (typically 6-7 kg's per load), pour 1 capful (40ml) of detergent into the detergent compartment for normal loads and 1.5 capfuls for heavily soiled loads.
For hand wash, pour 1 capful into a bucket of water (approximately 15 litres of water), let the detergent dissolve for a couple of minutes and then throw in your clothes.
2. How much detergent is appropriate for a normal load and heavy load?
Use one capful (40ml) for a normal load of 6-7 kg and use 1.5 caps for a heavily soiled load . Traditional detergents ask you to use 60ml for a normal load. Our product is more concentrated and requires less per load.
3. There are multiple detergents offered by Born Good. What is the difference? Are they used as additives or should they be mixed?
- All our products are detergents formulated to clean clothes and remove stains. However, they are not additives and are meant to be used independently.
- Fragrance detergents (Brazilian Rosewood & Japanese Cypress) are formulated for everyday clothes, inner wear, bedroom linen and towels.
- Shade Revive detergent is specialized for dark and solid colours as its unique formula renews and restores the faded garments and also protects newer, dark-colored garments from fading.
- Anti Microbial detergent is primarily meant for activewear (e.g., jerseys, yoga pants, running shorts etc.) as they are more prone to perspiration and odour-causing bacteria. Its unique formula kills odour causing bacteria to keep clothes fresh, sanitized and fragrant. This also kills 99.9% germs in a single wash, and is perfect for sanitizing garments and linen.
4. Is the product safe for washing baby clothes?
In short - Yes. Our fragrance detergent range (Brazilian Rosewood and Japanese Cypress) are both USDA Certified BioBased Products with a score of 72%. They contain a higher percentage of naturally occurring ingredients and exclude Sulphates & phosphates and are very safe to wash your baby’s clothes. Refer to our ingredients page for full disclosure.
5. Do you use any sulphates / phosphates / parabens / phthalates / TEA / MEA in your products?
Our products are free from all of the above. Our active ingredients like surfactants are sourced from naturally occurring sources. Refer to our ingredients page for full disclosure.
6. Why are you showing us all the ingredients you use?
The simple answer - we have nothing to hide. In our attempt to be radically transparent, we wanted to show you, our customers, all the ingredients we use so you can discover for yourself how natural and powerful they are. Refer to our ingredients page for full disclosure.
7. Why did you choose these fragrances - Brazilian Rosewood and Japanese Cypress?
Our product is inspired and powered by nature, so are our carefully chosen fragrances. These scents will remind you of nature’s escape after every wash, making sure your clothes feel and smell fresh for long. Besides, we can use a break from smelling like lemon and jasmine.
8. What exactly does “Shade Revive” mean?
We all face the problem of fading in dark-colored, solid clothes (burgundy, dark grey, black dark blue, etc) over time. Our Shade Revive detergent not only cleans your garment but also restores the colour of your faded garment by enhancing the depth of the shade. It also protects your new garments from fading from the first wash. It’s important to note that this product is meant for dark-colored and solid clothes and but is also suitable for light-coloured garments. We will be launching this product soon and if you want to be amongst the first to try it out, get in touch with us at: email@example.com
9. What exactly does “Anti Microbial” mean?
We are constantly exposed to germs. This is more true for active people, including kids, who are on the move and tend to perspire more. Our Anti Microbial detergent not only cleans your garment, it also kills the bacteria in the garment and thoroughly sanitizes (prevents the bacteria from growing for up to two weeks) it. Your clothes will remain fresh and fragrant for long.
10. If I use Shade Revive for light-coloured clothes or Anti Microbial for non-activewear, would that damage them?
- Shade Revive is meant for dark colours and we would recommend using on them for best results. However, if you use it on light-coloured clothes or linen & towels, it will clean them well without impacting the colour. In short, no damage will be done.
- Similarly, if you use Anti Microbial for non-activewear, there won’t be any adverse effect on your clothes. They will come out deep cleansed and fragrant.
11. I have used Shade Revive and it is not working on enhancing my dark-coloured garments
- We recommend washing them 2-3 times using the Shade Revive detergent for best results. These washes can be done in the normal course of laundry (you don’t have to wash them thrice on the same day). Faded clothes need to be in this detergent for about 30 minutes, however, most washing machines have a main wash cycle for 12-15 minutes.
- Fully dry and iron your clothes to see the actual impact.
- If after 2-3 washes, you still do not see any change, the reasons could be the nature of your clothes, such as the extent of fading and fabric type. Please do share your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and also individual photos of clothes where the product didn’t deliver on its promise.
12. How do I know that the Anti Microbial detergent is actually killing germs?
As germs are microorganisms that are not visible to the naked eye, there is no visible way for anyone to confirm that the bacteria are being killed. Please refer to our independent laboratory test that confirms and showcases how our product kills 99.9% of bacteria in 24 hours and deactivates viruses.
13. Are your plant-based products as or more effective compared to traditional detergents?
Our products are tested and verified for their cleaning efficacy for the most commonly occurring stains (turmeric, oil, grease, dirt / mud, tea / coffee, blood, wine, ketchup and ink), with proven efficacy being at par or better than the traditional detergents. Click here to read more about the powerful cleaning efficacy of our plant based detergent.
14. How are your products different from traditional detergents?
- 1. Our fragrance range of plant-based liquid detergents contains ingredients that are sourced from naturally occurring sources.
- 2. We have designed a heavier PET bottle that is 100% recyclable and can be reused in varied ways at your house. Our outer packing is also reusable. See our blog post for ways to reuse the bottle.
- 3. We believe refills are a sustainable way to make an impact. Our refill packs consume only 30% of plastic used in a traditional detergent bottle and are energy efficient as more quantity can be transported together, thereby burning less fossil fuel per refill.
15. What is USDA Biopreferred and what does it mean to have 72% bio-based content?
Your faith in our products is important for us. Hence, to add credibility to our promises that our products contain a higher percentage of naturally occurring ingredients than most of the detergents in the market, we decided to get certified in India. Unfortunately, the only certifications in India such as “India Organic” and “Jaivik Bharat” are meant for products that are ingestible. There is no certification in India to verify the natural content of non-ingestible products. Our search led us to the USDA BioPreferred program, which uses radiocarbon dating analysis to accurately determine how much of a product is constructed using natural material and how much using synthetic (petroleum) based material. The higher the score (in our case, 72%) the higher the content of readily biodegradable material and much safer for the environment. To put things in perspective, India’s leading detergent has a BioBased score that is closer to 40%.
16. Are these products tested on animals?
We take animal cruelty very seriously. Neither do we source raw materials from animal derivatives nor do we conduct any test on animals.
17. Is the product safe for sensitive skin or allergy-prone skin?
Our product contains a high percentage of plant and mineral-based ingredients, hence, it is gentle for people with sensitive or allergy-prone skin.
About our packaging
1. Can I reuse my detergent bottle?
Yes. Our aim is to encourage you to buy the bottle from us only once. Subsequent purchases should be of our refill pack. We also recommend reusing the bottle at home.
2. Why have you used PET bottles?
We have chosen PET bottles because they are better for our environment. There is a supply chain in India that converts PET to polyester fabric, making the use of PET a more sustainable option. This is a much better alternative to other forms of plastic that may end up in landfills. We really encourage you to buy the PET bottle only once and then use our refill packs. Also, these bottles are aesthetically more pleasing and can be kept out in the open.
3. What is the benefit of purchasing refills?
Our refill packs consume only 30% of plastic used in a traditional detergent bottle and are energy efficient as more quantity can be transported together, thereby burning less fossil fuel per refill.
About Our Certifications
1. What are the certifications that Born Good has to show they are plant-based and cruelty free?
The certifications we have are the USDA certification and Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free certification:
Our products are certified by the USDA BioPreferred program and each product has a unique BioBased score. This score is an accurate measure of the naturally occurring carbon in our products and represents the amount of ingredients that are found in plants and minerals (naturally occurring)
Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free Certification
Cruelty Free International is the internationally recognisable gold standard for cruelty free products. All of our own brand Household and Cleaning products are approved under the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny programme
Shipping & Returns
1. How much does shipping cost?
Shipping is Rs. 49 for orders values less than Rs. 299 and is free for orders above Rs. 299. COD charges are extra.
2. How long does it normally take for an order to get delivered?
It typically takes 3-5 working days after the order is received and accepted for your products to reach you. However, due to the pandemic we are all facing, there might be a delay to these numbers. This is mostly due to the lower availability of logistics executives at all courier companies.
3. How can I locate my item?
Once your items have been despatched from our warehouse, you will be sent an email that contains the docket number of your shipment. You can track the current status of this shipment by clicking on the tracking link in the email sent to you or by visiting the courier party website and entering the docket number under "track shipment". Please view our shipping policy here.
4. How can I return the items I have ordered?
We do make mistakes from time to time! If you have received your BornGood product in a damaged condition, please do email us at email@example.com as soon as possible and we will send you a replacement. If possible, please send us photos of the product in a damaged condition so we can work to improve ourselves. If we have accidentally sent you the wrong product, do let us know so we can make amends and send you the correct one. Again, we're at firstname.lastname@example.org Owning to the consumable nature of detergents, unless you received the product in a damaged condition or we sent you the wrong product, we will not be able to process a return and refund.
5. Can I exchange the product I have purchased?
If your shipment reached you in a damaged condition (e.g., the bottle or refill is leaking or any other critical damage) and/or the packaging is damaged in a way that it has impacted the product, you can notify email@example.com within 24 hours of receipt along with supporting images, and we will send a replacement.
Other questions from our community
1. How can I unsubscribe from the newsletter?
We're sorry to see you go! You will see an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of every newsletter. Clicking it should lead to you unsubscribing.
2. How can I share my feedback for your product?
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your experience or ways in which we can serve you better with improved products. Feel free to review us on social media as well. We're on instagram and facebook.
3. Do you provide discounts?
We provide offers on first purchase and on subscriptions. Please join our community and follow us on Instagram, to get regular updates on all offers and new product launches.
4. How can I avail samples?
We currently do not provide free samples without the purchase of any product. You can purchase our All Good Trial Pack to experience different products. If you are interested in purchasing our sample, write to us at: email@example.com
5. Do you have a referral program?
Our referral program will be launched soon.
COVID-19 safety measures
1. What are the measures you are taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Your health and safety during this pandemic is our top priority. Here's everything we are doing:
- As we manufacture your favourite detergent ourselves, we have complete control over the facility and everything that moves in and out including goods and people.
- We comply with both WHO and Govt. of India COVID-19 protocols with regards to good manufacturing practices.
- Proactive precautions being taken include mandatory temperature check, adherence to regularly washing hands, wearing masks and gloves, and practicing social distancing. All goods, vehicles, office and shop floor facilities are sanitized regularly.
- All vendors we have tied up with comply with similar WHO protocols in their warehousing facilities.
- All logistics executives are following stringent traceability protocols, undergoing daily health checks, and are stocked adequately with face masks and sanitizers.
- A few partners have implemented OTP confirmation for pre-paid orders and UPI interfaces for cash-on-delivery, which allows for social distancing at the time of delivery.
- Lastly, we're not accepting COD orders at this time to promote contactless delivery.